Turkish Film Council has four main goals:
- Connecting Turkish film professionals with their counterparts abroad;
- Showing unique locations in Istanbul and throughout Turkey to visiting filmmakers;
- Presenting Turkey's high production value abroad;
- Meeting the growing need for a source of information for filmmakers shooting in Turkey.
Our tasks include:
- Providing contacts and relevant information to local and visiting filmmakers;
- Communicating the developing needs of filmmakers and the film industry to municipal and state institutions;
- Co-ordinating the work of institutions, companies and people who are involved in providing film production services to visiting filmmakers;
- Serving as mediator in disputes.
For those who seek to film in Turkey, the Turkish Film Council provides a valuable consulting service offering comprehensive information. This includes guidance about the destination, filming requirements, who to meet, where to go, and recommended production companies to use. The Turkish Film Council also has a branch in Istanbul to provide consultation and advice when in Turkey.
The Turkish Film Council is an organization established to assist on-location film and video production and to contribute to the development of Turkey's film culture. We serve as a networking link between the U.S. and Turkish film industries. We provide useful information to filmmakers planning to shoot in Turkey, as well as to those interested in distributing their films in the U.S. By building relationships within the US, we strengthen the partnership between the U.S. and Turkish industries to create a networking hub pivotal for navigating the entire film industry.
Future plans call for the publication of a Turkish feature article to be placed in three different, highly read magazines in the U.S. film industry. This informative article will examine Turkey as an up-and-coming destination within the international film industry. It will examine how U.S studios and other non-Turkish distributors can creative lucrative business relationships within the region, as well as report the activities of local filmmakers, actors and studios.
The Comet AwardsÂ© will bring Turkish actors to Hollywood for an annual awards ceremony. At this event, they will receive awards and accolades for top performances in the yearâ€™s movies. Our aim is to achieve Hollywood recognition for the substantial work undertaken within Turkish cinema.
Each year, the Turkish Film Council plans to host a dinner party for 500 influential persons within the Hollywood film community. Our most well-known Turkish chefs will be preparing and serving their specialties during that fascinating evening. The purpose of the dinner reception is to draw the attention of Hollywood producers to Turkeyâ€™s most beautiful and photogenic sites.
The TFC Talent Service is set to open its new doors to showcase actorsâ€™ talents within Hollywood. Membership in TFC Talents provides the opportunity to act within a Hollywood film.
We aim to cooperate fully with joint ventures for an American-Turkish movie.